Thursday, August 30, 2007

LAST DAY!!!!! (cry...cry...sniff...sniff)

(A HUGE SIGH)
Wow....can you believe it? Tomorrow is the last day of Kevin at SPNN. After that, the road is blank or just a long road because of uncertainty.

Today at YAC, we had two special guests. One is Peter. Peter is the replacement of Kevin (NOT IN THAT WAY!)after he's gone. He was here to get familiar with everyone and just so we all feel comfortable around each other.

Another one is ROxanne! She is always willing to lend us a hand whenever we need you. HEre's a big shout out to her.

AND ANDREW! tHAT'S RIGHT! Andrew, if you're reading this, you are in big trouble, MISTER. You promised that you would come and we waited! We WAITED 15 minutes for YOU! Can YOU not see that we were sincere?! (Here's a nice advice: WHAT HAPPENED?)

OKie...now, we're ready to reflect. The YAC meeting always starts out with a check-in (check-in has become a tradition), then came the food! That's right! FOOD, no one is not a food lover.

With food came discussions. Kevin asked us about how has youth voice and presence changed in and out of SPNN ever since YAC started. We went around or more like, we chat and chat around the answers. But we did get good answers, don't worry about it.

After that came the future statement for this coming year. During the last YAC meeting, Ivan and I came up with this future statement. So CHECK IT OUT!

YAC Future Statement

For the year 2007-2008, YAC plans to:

1. Ensure a youth voice
a. By continuously taking feedback from evaluations to improve our programs
b. By engaging youth in decision-making situations
2. Increase youth involvement and opportunities at SPNN
a. By looking for funding to increase youth opportunities, space, programs, and contents.
b. By creating street team to do outreach
c. By developing website to discuss and connect with other youth
3. Raise awareness of youth media and community issues
a. By collaborating with organizations to create promos/projects to get youth interested and involved
i. To educate about youth voice and media
b. By attending youth-related events and conferences
c. By putting promos on website (after completing them)
4. Develop youth leaders
a. By actively hiring youth for TA position
b. By consistently having youth representation at board’s meeting
c. By initiating a social network (i.e. myspace)
d. Initiating a YAC sleepover


Ivan came up with some pretty good ideas about expanding the physical space of the programs as well as youth involvement.

Um.......after this, guess what we did?
...........
......
.....
...
..
..
.
we play apple TO staple! Ahahahah..........It was so funny! well, it's easier to say it was so funny but much harder to imagine. But of course, you get the idea.

Least but not last is saying goodbye. I know all of YAC and SPNN (including Mike) people are feeling very sad that Kevin is leaving SPNN. We know he's gonna stay until October because his lease ends in OCtober so PEOPLE, here is your chance to gawk at him and laugh at him all you want!

One thing for sure is that Kevin, if you do ever read this post, you probably know how much everyone love you and are going to miss you. Wherever you go, whatever you do, however you are, remember that you have a full team of supporters at SPNN who love and cherish you and appreciate all the things that you did. SO don't hesitate to contact any of us if you ever need anything.

And tomorrow is also the last of working at SPNN for Bekka and Mai Cha. You guys worked so hard this summer and deserve an applaud! YAY...........it is going to be nice and smooth after all this.

Lastly is a shout out to EVERYONE ON EARTH! MAY only PEACE Reside in this earth! PEace out!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm Sorry guys I thought in My mind that It was on Friday Or else I would of been there My Cellphone was in My room and I didn't hear It I'm So pissed I'm Sorry remember I'm not one to miss a Yac meeting Unless I worked well I know that I can't make it up so All I can Say is I'm sorry for the third time and leave it at that well I'll Be coming to the next meeting but it won't be the same without Kevin so I say Sorry to Everybody and It sucks that I was really excited that I was going tomorrow when I didn't know I missed it already I could go on but then I know eventually you'll Stop reading So Sorry to Kevin I'll miss you and I hope if you stay here you will volunteer on Set it up dayz or sit in on Yac dayz we'll bye all see you soon

Andrew said...

I read what we did today which is what we want people to start doing so Hey

rox said...

awesome meeting, y'all! I'm glad I could stop by to be a part of Kevin's last YAC meeting. it's been a blast working with all of you and who knows- maybe I'll see you all again later! let me know if you want to do outreach with the girl scouts. keep up the awesome work, and keep it real! also, I can't believe Kevin won with my card. stupid pyramids truly are senseless!